Just in time for the holidays, we present to you the ultimate keto edition of Thanksgiving stuffing! This recipe seriously tastes so much like the "real" thing, that even the pickiest of picky 13 year olds was fooled (not to mention our non-keto next door neighbor who ate the entire plate). Having been keto/low carb for the past five years, it felt SO good to finally take a bite of this holiday favorite again, except without the guilt. Coming in at only 3 net carbs per (filling) serving, this low carb stuffing is the perfect addition to your holiday feast! PS: The "bread" that you'll create in the first half of the recipe is so delicious on it's own, you'll need to try as hard as you can to save some of it for the actual stuffing. No judgment though if it gets devoured...the struggle is real.
Photo cred on the recipe photo above goes to the amazing @ketolife_ on Instagram!
Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumb Stuffing
Yields: 10 servings Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 50-55 minutes total
- 2 cups Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (Original)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp sour cream (regular or light)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup white mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 tbsp parsley
- .5 tsp dried thyme
- .5 tsp dried sage
- .5 tsp poultry seasoning
- .5 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Stir together Pork Rind Crumbs, shredded cheese, 3 eggs, sour cream, baking powder, and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 450 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from baking pan and cool completely. Turn oven down to 375.
- Melt butter in a large pan and stir in onion, celery, mushrooms and parsley. Cook until ingredients are soft.
- Once cooled, cut your "bread" into small, 1 inch cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Pour onion mixture over the top, followed by the last egg (beaten), the remaining spices, and the chicken stock.
- Stir all ingredients together, transfer to a baking dish, and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Lastly, Stuff Your Pork-King Face!
Macros per serving:
233 calories / 17g fat / 3g net carb (4g carb, 1g fiber) / 2g sugar / 17g protein
Tag us @PorkKingGood on Instagram or Facebook if you give these a try! We can't wait to hear what you think!
Need to stock up on Pork Rind Crumbs? SHOP NOW.
More stuffing photos "in the wild":
This is what your "bread" cubes should look like. Thanks to @ketobudgie for the pic!
A finished plate by the incredibly talented @OhMyKeto!
Another finished plate by @ketolife_!