Pork King Good Low Carb Keto Ultimate Jalapeño Poppers by Lex
The extremely talented Lex (@lowcarblexx on Instagram) created these mouth-watering Jalapeño Poppers stuffed to the max with cheese and bacon and then fried to a crisp in our Pork Rind Crumbs, and we've seriously been dreaming about them ever since. I mean...seriously. Come on!! The best part? These babies only come in at about 1g net carb each! Feel free to get creative with different types of cheese or dipping sauces. We went with a spicy, southwest ranch sauce with our recreation and it was perfect!!
Lex was kind enough to share her magical recipe with us. Here's how it went down:
- Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (enough to coat)
- 7 large jalapeños
- 8oz cream cheese
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2oz Muenster cheese (shredded)
- 2oz sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Avocado oil to fry
- Mix together cream cheese, shredded Muenster and white cheddar. Add in bacon and green onions until all combined. Season with a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Stick in fridge for about 30 minutes until it hardens up a bit.
- While filling hardens, cut the top of the jalapeños and cut lengthwise. Remove insides.
- Fill the jalapeños with the hardened filling. The key to have the filling not fall out while frying is making sure it’s not too soft.
- Combine egg and heavy cream until well incorporated. Fill a separate bowl with enough crumbs to be able to toss jalapeños in.
- Take filled jalapeños and one by one dip in egg wash, then toss in crumbs until completely coated. Continue until all jalapeños are coated.
- Stick in fridge for about 30 minutes. You want to make sure the crumbs and egg wash stick on well.
- Fry in avocado oil until golden brown
- Stuff Your Pork-King Face!