There have been so many low carb Super Bowl snack pictures floating around, we couldn't NOT join in. Behold - the Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumb Low Carb Pizza Cups! These bad boys come in at only 1 carb each and are perfect for game day snacking or tailgating. We went with a traditional pepperoni and cheese filling, but feel free to get creative and stuff them with whatever your heart desires! These little cups hold up so well and really are versatile for so many recipes (hello -- breakfast cups!).
This is a super simple keto recipe with very few ingredients. Let us know if you give them a try!
Pork King Good Low Carb Pizza Cups
Yields: 3-6 servings (depending on the size of your muffin tin) Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (for the cups):
- 1 cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (Original)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Stir together all of the cup ingredients
- Press the mixture down into very greased muffin tins, forming a thin and even layer along the bottom and sides of the tins. See picture below for a visual aid. (We used the large muffin tin to make 3 large pizza cups, but you can use a regular size tin to make 6).
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add in your filling of choice and bake for another 5 minutes or until melted.
- Add garnish if you're feeling fancy.
- Lastly, stuff your Pork-King face!
Filling ingredients: (feel free to get creative and improvise)
- 6 teaspoons low sugar pizza sauce (we used Great Value brand from Walmart)
- 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices (broken down into small pieces)
- Parsley flakes for garnish
Note: The pork rind cups will have a little grease pooled when you first remove them from the oven, but that will dissipate quickly upon cooling.