Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks (@lori.Monigold)
I am so incredibly addicted to this super crispy, super easy, and super delicious buffalo drenched cauliflower steak . In general, my family does not really love cooked cauliflower, but this…. This they absolutely LOVED!!! I mean… I'm glad they liked it and all but that also meant less for me so I learned a valuable lesson that next time I make this I better go ahead and double the recipe.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Pork King Good Unseasoned Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Pork King Good Smoky Jalapeno and Cheese seasoning
- Oil for frying, canola
- Hot sauce
- Ranch for topping
- Green onion
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower leaving the core intact. Slice cauliflower into steaks with a large knife and reserve leftovers for another recipe or to make these into cauliflower bites.
- Place cauliflower in a skillet and add 1/3 cup water. Cover and allow to steam 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk egg in a shallow dish. Toss cauliflower steaks in egg.
- Mix crumbs and seasoning in another dish and dip cauliflower steaks coating completely.
- Heat enough oil to coat to bottom of your skillet over medium high heat. Add cauliflower steaks and crisp each side 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- You could use whatever sauce you like for these but I drizzled mine with come buffalo and my home made Dilly Ranch.