So many of you have caught on by now that we’re a little nutty over here at Pork King Good, but we’re pretty sure that this recipe officially confirms it!
Behold, the (possibly) first of its kind, PORK CAKE!
Yes, you read that correctly. We made an actual cake, that tastes like an actual cake, out of pork! How? Our brand new Unseasoned Pork Rind Crumbs are basically magic. Besides being able to bread anything your heart desires with them, you can also use them as a zero carb “pork flour” to bake with!
After a bit of experimentation, we finally nailed this cake recipe and were blown away by the results. It’s moist, just sweet enough, and a perfect sub for a regular birthday cake - minus the sugar and carbs. Give it a try and tag us @porkkinggood to let us know what you think!!
PS: We used Funfetti frosting and edible glitter from The Sprinkle Company and it was totally the icing on the cake (pun intended). The perfect creamy topping for this magical treat!
*The ingredients below are for one layer of cake. If you’d like to make a double layer cake as we did in the pictures, just double the recipe.
- 1.5 cups Pork King Good Unseasoned Pork Rind Crumbs
- ½ cup granulated monk fruit (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup Half & Half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional - we didn’t use it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients (crumbs, sweetener, baking powder) together with a fork thoroughly to get rid of any clumps.
- Crack your eggs and separate the yolks from the whites, placing your egg whites in a separate large bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer on medium high, beat your egg whites for about 5 minutes until they are thick and begin to form peaks.
- Stir your egg yolks, Half & Half, and vanilla extract (if using it) into your dry ingredients until completely mixed.
- Slowly fold your egg whites into the mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour your mixture into a greased cake baking pan and use a fork or spatula to smooth out the top.
- Bake at 350 for 19-22 minutes (varies by oven) until the middle of the cake is set (you can test this with a toothpick at 19 minutes).
- Remove your cake from the oven and let it cool completely. (We flipped it out of the pan onto a separate rack to cool on after about 10 minutes).
- Eat as is or style it up with frosting and sprinkles.
- Lastly, Stuff your Pork-King face!
Feel free to get creative with flavors (Chocolate Pork Cake, anyone?!). We can’t wait to hear what you think!
Need some Unseasoned Pork Rind Crumbs to give this a try? Shop HERE.