Pork King Good Low Carb Pork Rind Avocado Fries
Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook Time: 3 minutes Servings: 2
- 1/2 to 1 cup Pork King Good™ Pork Rind Crumbs
- 1 ripe avocado (slightly soft when you squeeze it but not totally mushy)
- 1 egg
- seasoning of choice (we like salt and cayenne pepper or a cajun seasoning blend)
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil for frying
- In a bowl, crack your egg and beat it with a fork. (Optional: add a little bit of salt and pepper to your egg mixture)
- In another bowl, mix your pork rind crumbs with your seasoning of choice.
- Slice your avocado in half, remove the seed, and peel off the skin. Cut your avocado halves into slices (or into 4 "chunks" if you prefer more of a thicker avocado fritter).
- Heat up your oil in your pan on medium-high.
- Dip each piece of avocado in the egg until it's fully coated, and then roll each "eggy" piece in the pork rind crumbs until they're completely covered in crumby deliciousness.
- Lower each piece of avocado (carefully) into your heated pan and fry on each side until golden brown (about 45 seconds per side).
- Place your finished avocado fries on a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra oil.
- And lastly, serve with your favorite dipping sauce and stuff your Pork-King face!
Dipping Sauce Ideas:
- Low sugar marinara sauce
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Spicy mayo (just mix 2 tbsp of mayo with a couple of tsp of sriracha or hot sauce and add a dash of garlic powder -- delish!!)
Don't forget to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @PorkKingGood so we can take a look at what you've come up with!