Let's go ahead and call this, the keto grilled cheese that broke the internet. I was feeling a little under the weather last week and was craving something warm and cheesy to lift my spirits after a day of non-stop rain. I completely improvised this recipe using only three ingredients and it resulted in the most delicious, crispy, gooey accident ever. We documented the official cheese "pull apart" on video and shared it on Facebook and Instagram. Needless to say, we weren't the only ones impressed!! Check it out for yourself:
So yes, this was the easiest low carb "bread" recipe that you can totally transform into other sandwiches, paninis, quesadillas, even garlic bread! Here's how it went down:
Prep time: 2 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever shredded cheese you have on hand)
- 1 egg
- Cheese of choice to use as the filling of your sandwich (we used two slices of White American cheese)
- Stir all ingredients together except for your filler cheese.
- Spray a medium pan with cooking spray or grease it with butter. You just want to make sure that your sandwich doesn't stick.
- Plop your mixture into the pan and flatten it with a spatula or by hand to spread it out.
- Cook each side on medium heat for about 4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Add your filler cheese of choice and fold your sandwich over like an omelette. Press down slightly with a spatula until cheese is melted.
- Stuff Your Pork-King Face!