Pork King Good Low Carb Keto Air Fryer Pork Rind Fried Green Tomatoes
The ultimate summer side dish!! We've keto-fied a classic southern favorite with our Pork Rind Crumbs! This recipe meets our two basic requirements: EASY & DELICIOUS! We dipped them in ranch and the results were magical. This is definitely being added into heavy rotation in our household.
We actually experimented and made the recipe two ways: in the air fryer and pan-fried. While the pan-fried version did come out slightly crisper, the air fryer version was our pick for winner because it cooked evenly and turned a beautiful golden brown. Either way, you'll be happy. Here's how it went down:
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 14 minutes
- 1 cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs
- 2 green tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or Half & Half
- seasoning of choice (we like a cajun seasoning using salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper)
- cooking spray
- Slice green tomatoes about a half inch thick
- Combine your egg and cream in a bowl and stir until blended
- Pour your Pork Rind Crumbs on a plate and mix in seasoning of choice
- Dip each tomato slice in the egg mixture and then coat in the Pork Rind Crumbs until fully covered.
- Spray each side of each slice with an oil cooking spray and cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes on each side. (If pan frying, coat the bottom of your pan with oil and cook on medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side). Drain excess grease on a paper towel lined plate).
- Serve with dip of choice, and Stuff Your Pork-King Face!