Pork King Good Low Carb "Fauxtato" Pancakes!
This was our first recipe creation of 2023 and it definitely did not disappoint! These copycat keto potato pancakes taste so much like the real deal, you'll seriously never guess that they don't actually contain any potatoes at all!
With only a handful of ingredients needed, this is a simple and delicious add on to any low carb breakfast or brunch! Besides riced cauliflower, the magic in this recipe comes from our Pork Rind Crumbs as a binder and our amazing Onion & Sour Cream Seasoning!
Just trust us on this one and give it a try!
- 10 oz Riced Cauliflower (we used the microwavable version)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (American, Mozzarella, or whatever you prefer)
- 3/4 cup Pork King Good Pork Rind Crumbs (Original or Unseasoned)
- 1.5 tablespoons Pork King Good Onion & Sour Cream Seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil of choice (we used olive oil). If preferred, just use cooking spray.
- Cook your riced caulifower (if using a microwavable version, cook according to bag instructions - generally about 5 minutes)
- Pour your cooked riced cauliflower into a large bowl (no need to cool) and add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Heat your oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Form your mixture into flat circles, approximately 3 inches across and tall. Making them larger will cause them to be more difficult to flip. You should have enough mixture to form 6 or 7 patties.
- Shallow fry your patties until edges start to become brown and then flip, approximately 4 minutes per side. (You'll want to use a spatula to check that they're not becoming too dark, as cooking times vary).
Optional Serving Suggestions:
- Garnish with parsley or chives
- Make a delicious dip using sour cream and more of our Onion & Sour Cream seasoning.
- Try them with a low sugar ketchup
- Sauté some diced white onions and add them into your fauxtato pancake mix before pan frying.